Businesses have sought answers from the NJ Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) on the implementation process of the new Plastic Bag Ban Law which will go into effect on 4 May 2022 and clarification on eCommerce deliveries.
The ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ (FAQ) section at the NJDEP Get Past Plastic website addresses issues such as curbside pickup, home delivery services, prepared food containers, straws and an explanation for some exemptions. It is updated frequently with answers to questions as they emerge from the business community and state residents.
We are two weeks away from implementation so please check out these resources for information about the ban, shareable flyers and a list of vendors selling reusable bags at wholesale rates.
- NJ Business Action Center
- NJ Dep’t of Environmental Protection Get Past Plastic website
- NJ Clean Communities Council
- Vendor registration and reusable bag wholesale vendor list
- Plastics Ban Flyer for New Jersey’s business community
If your organization has any questions, you can speak with a representative via live chat Mon-Fri 8am-5pm on the NJBAC website or by calling 1-800-JERSEY-7.