- Coursera offers free online courses and certificate courses you pay a fee to get
- Distance Ed Archive Collection curated by George Brett
Topics related to distance eLearning in academia and other organizations.
EdX offers interactive online classes and MOOCs from the world’s best universities. Online courses from MITx, HarvardX, BerkeleyX, UTx and many other universities. EdX is a non-profit online initiative created by founding partners Harvard and MIT.
- Harvard offers a variety of free online courses.
- MIT OpenCourseware. Basically, MIT gives you last year’s course lectures totally for free. If you want this year’s courses and access to professors, you need to attend the school.
- Udemy has a variety of free and low cost courses. Offers change so check in once in a while to see if you can catch what you want at a good price or for free.
Thoughts on the Future of Education
The Universities are going to the students instead of the students going abroad for education