I have an eclectic following on Facebook which includes people living in other countries who aren’t going to make it to my monthly Green Drinks or other events. Fortunately there is an easy way for friends to block future invitations from me. They won’t be blocking or un-friending ME – they just won’t be annoyed by getting invited to events they’re not going to attend.
To block event invitations from specific friends without unfriending him/her just
- Select Privacy Settings from the dropdown menu in the upper-right corner
- Select Manage Blocking from the Blocked People and Apps section at the bottom of the page
- In the Block event invites section, enter the names of friends you do not wish to send you event invitations
- Voilà! You just eradicated a big annoyance and may have saved a friendship from terminal annoyance.
- (Tip: if this stops working, search in Facebook help for “block invitations”)