Join the movement.
Here’s a list of actions we can carry out to honor Trayvon Martin’s life and protest the Florida government’s handling of his murderer’s trial. Please add yours as a comment.
- Trayvon’s Bday was Feb 5th. So, NO SPENDING every month on the 5th.
- No Florida NOTHING! We are boycotting Florida tourism, travel, spending, entertainment, oranges, orange juice … EVERYTHING!
- No more BLACK Friday … We are turning Black Friday RED! No spending, period.
- Vote out bad politicians and replace them with politicians who are caring, fair and who will be accountable to us.
- Vote in local, state and national elections
- Boycott products of all companies and brands the Koch Brothers own shares in
- Increase our civic engagement and bring our voices to the table on every issue
- Practice community journalism
- Reduce our spending to the bare minimum
- Go green and sustainable
- Move money out of banks and into to credit unions (which are cooperatively owned)
- Boycott Big Money and their financial institutions as much as possible.
- Increase entrepreneurship
- Rethink investments in stocks and insurance. How can we invest in communities instead.
- Mentor youth of color